Roughrider Park sits tucked in the heart of the Yavapai College campus. Over the right field fence is on-campus student housing. Over left field is the site of the newly constructed tennis complex and Bill Valley Field, home of the Lady Rider’ softball program. The park is surrounded by over 1.5 miles of nature trails and has views of Thumb Butte and Granite Mountain. Less than two miles away is the historic downtown Prescott square, as well as vast shopping, restaurants and hotels.
Roughrider Park has been home to the Riders’ for more than 35 years. During this span the Roughrider baseball program has won 3 National Championships and seen 7 World Series qualifiers…
Ken Lindley Field
The first intercollegiate soccer match took place in 1989 when Yavapai defeated Victor Valley CC 13-0 on “guaranteed win night.” Winning streaks of 58, 56, and 39 matches are a part of this field’s legacy. Today the park is listed in the National Register of Historic Places with a seating capacity of 3000, featuring a 116 x75 yd., grass surface.
The soccer field located 5368 feet above sea level and is the site of the 2014 NJCAA Men’s Division One National Championships. Since 1908, the area of Prescott now known as Ken Lindley Field has been used as a public park and ball field. The land was deeded to the City of Prescott by Charles T. and Ada M. Joslin in 1922. In 1931, during the Great Depression, the grandstand was constructed on the corner of Gurley & Washington Streets. The grandstand is constructed of cast concrete in a vernacular style with a slight Art Deco influence. In 1934, the area surrounding the field was defined for the construction of bleachers made of native stone as a Civil Works Administration project. City Park & Ballfield was renamed Ken Lindley Field in 1971 in memory of Prescott’s Chief of Police who died in 1971…
Bill Valley Field
Information coming soon
Walraven Gym is home to the Yavapai Volleyball team. It houses 3 practice courts and 1 main competition court. The seating capacity for Walraven Gymnasium is 1,210 people. The maple hardwood floor was completely replaced and upgraded during the winter of 2015. The Gym officially reopened on March 16, 2015…