Soccer Battles Heat, Cougars
With temperatures over 100 degrees, the Roughrider soccer team beat South Mountain Community College Thursday afternoon in Phoenix, 7-2. Yavapai improves their overall record to 8-0-2 and maintains their first place position in the ACCAC with a mark of 7-0-2. South Mountain falls to 0-9-1.
For the sixth time in the last seven matches, Yavapai has scored five goals or more. On the season, YC has netted 48 goals. Yavapai still holds the all-time mark for most goals scored in one season. The 1993 Roughriders tallied 134 goals, a national record.
- 20th minute – Rodolfo Godinez assisted by Viktor Rodakovic
- 40th minute – South Mountain
- 42nd minute – Gouedan Halley assisted by Dylan Hardie-Jordan
- 45th minute – Gouedan Halley assisted by Julien Dragomir
- 63rd minute – Julien Dragomir assisted by Gouedan Halley
- 67th minute – South Mountain
- 71st minute – Rodolfo Godinez assisted by Ryan Fried
- 72nd minute – Viktor Rodakovic assisted by Dylan Hardie-Jordan
- 84th minute – Ryan Fried assisted by Rodolfo Godinez
Yavapai returns to Ken Lindley Field on Saturday, September 24th for an ACCAC contest against Glendale Community College (5-3-1). The Gauchos had an impressive come from behind victory over conference juggernaut Pima Community College Thursday night. Glendale trailed the Aztecs at halftime, 3-0 and scored four unanswered goals in the second half for the win.
Saturday’s match will kick-off at 6:00 PM. The Roughriders are 237-8-1 all-time at home.