ACCAC Honors Softball Players
As voted on by the ACCAC coaches, six Roughrider softball players were named All-Conference and five were named NJCAA All-Region I.
- Pitcher Audrey Workman (25-2, 1.34 ERA, 187 strikeouts in 162 IP);
- catcher Brittany Tucker (.400 avg., 19 HR, 72 RBIs);
- infielder Kacie Smith (.402 avg., 11 HR, 69 RBIs, 21 stolen bases);
- outfielder Caitlin Stangl (.519 avg., 69 runs, 110 hits, 57 stolen bases);
- and utility player Jenna Rodriguez (24-4, 2.13 ERA, six shutouts, .503 avg., 18 HR, 86 RBIs, 15 doubles)
These players garnered All-Region awards, additionally, all five will be nominated for NJCAA All-America honor. Outfielder Ashley Snedeker (.426 avg., 75 hits, 22 walks, 21 stolen bases) was an ACCAC Third Team selection.
Yavapai will begin their defense of the NJCAA Division I title on Friday, May 1st. YC will play at 12:30 PM against the winner of the #2 seed Pima Community College/ #3 seed Arizona Western College game. The tournament will be played at Roughrider Park on the campus of Yavapai College in Prescott.